What We Believe
What We Believe
The Purpose of Faith Baptist Church
Faith Baptist Church exists to befriend people in order to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ. This purpose is the ultimate objective of our existence. Our mission explains our actions and ministry emphases that accomplish this purpose.
The Mission of Faith Baptist Church is…
To tell and teach all people to obey God in their lives through …
- The Holy Bible, written by men, is divinely inspired and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man and without error in the original autographs.
- In one living and true God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on a cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all mankind, rose from dead on the third day, is seated at the right hand of God, and is coming again.
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and lives inside every believer from the moment of salvation.
- That man was created by the special act of God, in God’s own image, and is the crowning work of His creation. However man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. Only the grace of God can bring man back to His created purpose.
- Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who repent of their sin and believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Christian Baptism is an act of obedience through the immersion of a believer in water symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried and risen Savior; and the believer’s death to sin, burial of the old life, and resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
- The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
For an expanded version of what our church believes, see the following link to “The Baptist Faith and Message” which are “certain definite doctrines that Baptists believe, cherish, and with which they have been and are now closely identified.”